Learn what Query Library resources are available for UW-Madison faculty and staff in the area of advising.
Who Would Use Advising Queries?
UW-Madison employees selecting this group carry out the following functions in their job:
- Helping students make course choices
- Consulting with a department on curriculum planning
- Nominating students for scholarships and awards
- Monitoring academic achievement of a group of advisees
- Warning students about barriers to their enrollments
To perform their job functions employees selecting this group access data that helps them
- Create a current list of majors in a department--with students' addresses, GPA's, and demographic characteristics
- Provide colleagues with reports about department's or student group's use of courses
- Provide colleagues with reports about department's or student group's entering or leaving a program or major
- Manage advisors lists of students
- Report on degrees received by of a group of advisees
- Search for open classes or classes with a selected instructional mode (internet, e.g.)
- Search for courses which carry selected breadth or ethnic studies attributes
- Search for service indicators on advisees' records.
Examples of working titles for this group include:
- Administrative Program Specialist
- Faculty Associate
- Student Services Coordinator
You must be authorized to access the queries below. Once authorized, go to the Query Library at https://authhub.wisconsin.edu/?app=Hyperion
Key (Student) Advising queries
Student Data Sheet
Single sheet report on a selected student and includes demographic, academic, contact and current course information.
Advisor audit reports including a pivot chart displaying only students without advisors.